Learn How to Create an Online Shop for your Craft Products!
Do you already make custom jewelry, decorative home items, or other handmade products for sale or gift giving? If so, this course will teach you how to start an online shop for your unique line of handcrafted items.
In partnership with Etsy, a leader in e‐commerce for creative entrepreneurs, SBTDC is offering free classes to help craft makers like you establish an online business to sell your products to a wider market and earn extra income.
Craft Entrepreneurship classes are taught by successful online craft sellers who coach and support participants through every aspect of setting up their online shops. Using Etsy as a learning lab, teachers share best practices on topics that impact new sellers most, including time management, branding, pricing, shipping, and photography, to help them earn supplemental income through their craft business. To minimize startup costs, students will be given the opportunity to list 20 items for sale for free on Etsy.com.
- Have at least one handmade craft item ready to sell, and an idea for a related line of products.
- Commit to attending 5 Saturday morning classes (about 12 hours total)
- Reside in Missouri or any of the contiguous state
- Have never made any sales on Etsy.com (it is possible to have a store on Etsy.com but have never made sales)
- Have a credit card and checking account (necessary for sales transactions)
- Have regular access to a computer with an Internet connection
Please Note: Registration does not automatically guarantee acceptance into the Craft Entrepreneurship program. Applicants will be reviewed and selected based on Etsy’s eligibility requirements and space limitations.
The Craft Entrepreneurship program by Etsy will teach participants skills that are applicable for selling online. Although it is designed to assist crafters with creating a successful Etsy store, information will be of value whether you sell on Etsy, EBay, Facebook, Amazon, your personal website or any other e‐commerce platform. Anyone new to selling a product online will find value in the training curriculum.